About Anthony Pearce
Anthony Pearce is a Specialist Integrative Medicine Trichologist and the only practicing Trichologist in Australia from a background of formal health care training & professional affiliations.
Anthony is the ONLY Trichologist to be accredited as a (full) Member of the Australasian College of Nutritional + Environmental Medicine (ACNEM) and have his professional services listed on the College’s website. He is also a Life Member of the Vitamin D Council.
Anthony is internationally recognised as a leading expert in female, children’s hair loss & autoimmune conditions affecting the scalp.
He maintains close professional associations with some of our leading medical researchers, whose guidance aid him in staying at the forefront of health advances which influence the hair.
Anthony’s professional area of interest is female hair & scalp problems from nutritional-metabolic-hormonal or autoimmune disturbance.
He is generally credited in being the first to identify there are TWO forms of androgenic alopecia in women – true genetically-inherited type, and ‘acquired’ pattern thinning from metabolic/hormonal compensatory mechanisms*.
His empirical research proposes pattern hair loss in increasing numbers of women may be due to a disordering of sex hormones + their carrier proteins from hyperinsulinaemia (commonly known as Insulin Resistance).
Children + young adults presenting with Alopecia areata is also a large part of Anthony’s practice. His experience and research indicates Gut dysbiosis and/or food sensitivity as a persistent + overwhelming trigger (>90%) for Alopecia areata in young children & many adults.
*BOTH forms will exhibit as follicle miniaturization
**Anthony Pearce was officially recognised as “part of a small list of prestigious and influential experts in the Asia Pacific region” (7th Asia Beauty Technology Symposium – 2015)
**Official Supporter of the Women’s Subscription Enterprise (WSE) – assisting homeless & marginalized Women in Australia
Professional Training, Qualifications + Affiliations
- Registered Nurse Training (General + Post-Grad. Psychiatry) – The St. George Hospital (1982-1985)+ Cumberland Hospital (1987-88) – Sydney NSW
- Member (NEMS qualified)– Australasian College Nutritional + Environmental Medicine (ACNEM) – www.acnem.org
- Life Member – Vitamin D Council (USA) – www.vitamindcouncil.org
- Certificate III Pathology Collection (Southern IML) – 2013
- Associate Professional Member – Coeliac Society NSW/ACT
Official Consulting Positions
- Emami Ltd – India’s biggest supplier of aromatherapy hair treatment products (consultancy & R+D roles)
- Print + General Media hair loss ‘expert’
Professional/Clinical Mentor/s & Advisors
- Dr. Philip Van Zanden (UNSW) – autoimmune thyroid + adrenal disorders and nutrient/metabolic influence on same.
- Mr. Arthur Chan (Hair Health Foundation) – supplemental molecular nutrition, hair + skin issues.
- Mr. Bob Harrison (Compounding Pharmacist – ACNEM) – pharmaceutical + compounding advances.
- Dr. John Cannell MD – Director of the Vitamin D Council (USA)
- Dr. John Lee – Thyroid & other hormones researcher + lecturer (Brisbane, Australia)
Anthony established his Trichology practice in 1999 & provides an informational website and online consultation service for people seeking accurate information, diagnosis and treatment –www.hairlossclinic.com.au.
Anthony has lectured in Europe (Sweden) + the USA to Doctors, Plastic Surgeons, Dermatologists + Cosmetologists on the clinical application of LLLT for hair, scalp + skin problems.
He is the only Trichologist offering a pathology collection service to Clients who do not have access to Australian Medicare (international FIFO Clients, students or on working visas)
He is dedicated to having the hair loss industry regulated to a compulsory Trichology qualification standard and official governing body, so consumers may begin to have confidence in this hitherto ‘high-risk’ industry (for consumers).