Overview of Treatment Approach
As a qualified treatment practitioner for hair + scalp problems, my responsibilities to you is to identify + establish the cause/s of your condition, AND suggest the most appropriate treatment option/s for you*.
Whilst there is a standard treatment regime for genetic balding in males – the cause/s of female scalp hair loss may be the result of multi-faceted nutritional-metabolic-hormonal or autoimmune disturbance.
This FIRST requires a thorough history evaluation of the Client, with specific ‘evidence-gathering’ pathology testing to establish underlying cause/s to the presenting problem.
Appropriate treatment/s may then be suggested to aid in correcting the underlying disturbance and provide optimal outcomes for the Client.
Following initial consultation and pathology assessment, this is the usual treatment approach I would tend to suggest for my FEMALE clients:
Initial topical treatment accelerators:
- Activance (Professional Densify 1-3 or Rhodanide Practitioner Formula) Activance Practitioner Formula topical hair treatment is only available from select authorised Practitioners such as AP Trichology
- OR (for long-standing or more severe scalp hair thinning) advanced-formulation topical Minoxidil with added nutrients + amino acids.
C-Pharmacy Minoxidil formulations are ‘cutting edge’ anti-irritant with a unique sustained follicle stimulator absorption vehicle. Formulations of 2-10% strengths are available in liquid solution, liquid-gel or gel.
The regular use of these topical treatments will accelerate scalp hair density recovery whilst underlying cause/s is being corrected.
- Equol Plus **NEW + exclusive to AP Trichology** a soy-derived natural supplement (compounded with essential co-factors Zinc + Selenium). Equol Plus binds up-converted DHT and inactivates its unwanted hair follicle miniaturisation effects WITHOUT prescription drug potential side effect risks.
Equol is also known to assist with unwanted symptoms of menopause (hot flushes, night sweats and anxiety)
- Low Level Laser Light Therapy (LLLT): is a safe, versatile + effective treatment modality where increasing skin blood flow (vaso-dilation) + decreasing inflammatory response is indicated (almost every skin condition).
Whilst any underlying disturbances are being corrected (or further investigated) LLLT will help accelerate scalp or hair fall recovery. LLLT is also known to potentiate the effects of Activance or (non-cortisone) Minoxidil.
LLLT and topical treatments should be regarded as scalp-specific treatment accelerators and as an adjunct to treating underlying cause/s. As ‘stand alone’ treatments they are only temporary ‘band-aids’ to the Client’s condition.
Nutrient therapy for optimal hair growth & body function:
- Appropriate nutrient therapy supplementation (as determined by pathology results): ‘all inclusive’ natural + effective nutritional treatment tailored to the individual client’s nutritional needs in a 6-12 month treatment program (with review at 4-6 months). This may also include Iodine, Vitamin D, Zinc Complex or Gut treatment products as required.
Advanced Vitamin D formulation exclusive: The use Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCT) as a base to replace current fish oil or flax seed oil bases is a most important advance in both safety & efficacy for those Clients who are Vitamin D deficient, but who also have a history of seafood or nut allergies.
The combined use of ALL the above treatments have been shown to provide the best outcome in the quickest time for our Clients but may be modified to personal requirement, financial & locality considerations
- *For the specific issues of concern for you
- **WITH or without added Iron or Tyrosine; does NOT contain Iodine or Chromium
- ***Anthony Pearce has lectured in Europe (Sweden) & the USA to Doctors, Plastic Surgeons, Dermatologists + Cosmetologists on Trichology and the clinical application of LLLT for hair, scalp + skin problems.
He is generally regarded as a leading authority in female + autoimmune hair/scalp problems from nutritional-metabolic or hormonal causes.